The Family Place
David’s House is a 20-bedroom, home-away-from-home for families with children receiving medical care through the Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center. Founded in 1986, the house is named in memory of David Cyr who passed away at age 5 after a long battle with leukemia.
David’s House is a registered 501c3 nonprofit in Lebanon NH that has served as a haven for over 13,500 families who have needed overnight accommodations. Guest families include: 9,183 families from NH; 3,084 families from VT; 1,190 families from 42 other U. S. states; 1 family from a U. S. Territory; 43 families from other nations and counting!
We provide a warm, caring, fully stocked “home” for families whose worlds have been turned upside down. Guests may come for a day or for many months – it all depends on what the ill or injured child needs. David’s House operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help families stay together and stay strong during this most difficult time.
We charge no fees for our housing, food or laundry services, so fundraising is very important and we’d like to ask you to help by joining Team David’s House in the upcoming CBHM.
Members of Team David’s House are asked to raise $500 (tax deductible), and are responsible for the $95 race registration fee.
As thanks for your philanthropic support, David’s House will provide:
- A gathering tent at the start/finish with team-only snacks and refreshments
- Access to customizable fundraising web pages
- Free team-only post-race massages
- Exclusive runner gifts
- A Team David’s House photo and/or individual runner photo
To learn more or register for Team David’s House: www.davids-house.org/cbhm.
Questions? Email our Development Director at: Brandi.Vassiliou@davids-house.org
The Family Place
The Family Place is a private, non-profit organization founded in 1985 in White River Junction, Vermont, by a group of community members concerned about the well-being of young children. Shortly thereafter, we were designated by the State of Vermont to be the Parent Child Center for the area. Last year, The Family Place reached over 1,700 children from 1,200 families in the Upper Valley region of New Hampshire and Vermont. We offer programs for all families with young children, with an emphasis on intensive, holistic support for those most in need. Our programs address critical quality-of-life issues, including child safety, financial stability, healthy development, mental health, literacy and education, food and housing security. From the beginning, we have maintained a strong focus on the most vulnerable young children; we are the primary provider of prevention and intervention programs for children birth to three.
Team members commit to raising $500 and The Family Place will pay the $95 registration fee.
In recognition of your hard work, our runners will enjoy these benefits:
- A gathering tent with food and water at the race’s start and finish
- Transportation of personal items at the race’s start and finish
- Personal fundraising webpage and fundraising coaching and guidance
- Regular encouragement and support before the race
- Team T-shirt from The Family Place
- Swag Bag of surprise goodies
Our mission is simple: We help young people sweat for good.
WHY: We empower youth ages 23 to get active to make change, so they can build solutions to societal challenges now using their own minds and muscles.
HOW: Youth, ages 23 and under, choose their cause and athletic endeavor and Positive Tracks helps them sweat for good with free hands-on help and matching dollars.
Play kickball for cancer research.
Shoot hoops for social justice.
Run for clean water.
If youth can dream it, we’ll help them make it happen.
Help us grow the Positive Tracks movement by joining Team Positive Tracks at the2018 Covered Bridges Half Marathon -https://www.crowdrise.com/PositiveTracks2018CBHM
Commit to raising $500*, and in return, Positive Tracks will shower you with:
- Love and affection (from Em💖 )
- Fuel and hydration at the start and finish
- Transportation of personal items from start to finish
- Runner support, cheer leading and fuel on the course
- Positive Tracks tech shirt, training shirt, hat and swag bag
- A customizable fundraising page
- Fundraising assistance and guidance from Positive Tracks Staff
- A monthly team newsletter with hilarity, logistics and training support
- A Team Positive Tracks STRAVA page
- An epic Spotify running play list
- Team photo and individual race shots (when possible)
*A $95 registration fee is required when you sign up. This counts towards your $500 fundraising minimum.
Please email Emily Gardner with any questions – email@example.com
Since 1980 the Upper Valley Haven has provided temporary shelter and educational programming for homeless families and adults as well as food and clothing to anyone in need.
The Haven has fostered independence through our Shelter Advocacy, Aftercare, Outreach and Education Programs. The Haven is open 365 days per year and never charges for any of its services. We serve over 14,500 people per year.
Commit to raise $500* and enjoy the following benefits:
- A personal fundraising webpage
- Reusable Haven swag bag filled with the necessities and more
- Toilets at the start of the race for charity team runners only
- A pre- and post-race gathering tent for runners and their families with healthy snacks and beverages.
- Receive your own Haven CBHM Team T-shirt (stylish, functional, performance - a keeper!)
- Training Tips by road race experts sent by email preceding the race.
- Team photograph and opportunity for individual photographs.
- Transportation of personal items from the start of the race to the finish.
- Lucky bracelets made by children living the Haven’s Shelter and participating in the Haven’s Afterschool program.
*The $95 registration fee is due when you register to be on the Haven’s Team ($95 counts towards the $500 goal)
To register for the Haven’s team, please go to: http://uppervalleyhavencbhm18.everydayhero.do/ Questions? Please email Laura Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 802-478-1803
Learn more about the Haven at www.uppervalleyhaven.org.
CBHM – Team WISE
WISE is the non-profit organization leading the Upper Valley to end gender-based violence through survivor-centered advocacy, prevention, education and mobilization for social change. WISE provides confidential and free advocacy and support to victims of domestic violence, sexual violence, and stalking, every hour, every day. Advocates accompany victims to hospitals, police departments, court hearing and other social service agencies and are with them as they navigate their experiences of violence. WISE provides a space for the community to connect, mobilize and process the impacts of violence. We know that we can end violence. The Prevention and Education program aims to shift the culture as a whole, to make violence less common and to realize our vision; a world of freedom, justice, equality, and dignity where all can thrive.
Members of Team WISE commit to raising at least $500 and WISE will pay the $95 registration fee.
In recognition of your hard work, WISE will also provide you with the following;
- A personalized dri-fit t-shirt with the WISE logo to wear on race day
- Promotional support for fundraising
- Race photographs by Matthew Oscadal
- A brief (and optional), pre-race warm up of yoga and intention setting lead by Abby Tassel, RYT
- A pre and post-race gathering tent for runners and their friends and family with healthy snacks and beverages
- Transportation of runner’s belongings from start to finish line
To request a spot on Team WISE please email, email@example.com , visit www.wiseuv.org to learn more about our organization.